Proud Liberal Woman

Proud Liberal Woman

Monday, March 19, 2012

CHARLOTTE IN 2012

Like any good activist, I have several email accounts, all of which are overflowing with correspondence daily.  My handful of accounts are designated to accept mail from the many categories of contacts that I've compiled over the years.  The Yahoo account is where I receive mail from Senators and Representatives, the SOTH, POTUS, political candidates, watchdog groups, the White House, the DCCC, etc.  Recently, I have begun receiving emails from the DNC.  The countdown to Charlotte is underway. 

Remember the excitement I alluded to in a prior post?  For me, that excitement has just been amplified.  You see, I responded to the latest DNC email; I made a donation that enters me into the running for an all-expense paid trip to the convention September 3-6.  I am by no means a woman who has extra cash floating around with which to throw at the many requests from politicians and organizations.  But, my $5 donation today could see me at the biggest political event of the year.  And, 2012 is a BIG year!

During his campaign for president, Barack Obama made a visit to Austin in March, 2008.  I was part of the throngs of people assembled at Congress and 11th on the south side of the capitol.  We hung on every word he spoke, and were united in awe and hopefulness.  Our president exhibited such passion and eloquence in his speech that night.  I left on a high that lasted for days to come.  That was the most thrilling event of my life, ranking second only to the birth of three children.  But, I believe even it would pale in comparison to being in attendance at the Democratic National Convention.  And, certainly when we overwhelmingly welcome Barack Obama as the 45th president of the United States.  Only heaven could remotely contend with such zeal!

Keep your fingers crossed :)          

No comments:

Post a Comment